What are CEUs?
A Continuing Education Units (CEU) is a measure used to assist our Certified Coaches in maintaining his or her license. Continuing education or professional development is required in many fields, including teachers, nurses, and personal trainers. The continuing education unit is described as ten hours of participation in an education or community service program.
Our CEU options for Whole30 Coaches were designed to upgrade your skills or expand your knowledge base while providing a service to the Whole30 community.
How can I earn CEUs?
You need to earn six (6) CEUs per year to maintain your Whole30 Certified Coaching status. We want you to obtain a diversity of CEU experiences each year. As such, you can only earn CEUs for any given type of CEU once in the renewal year. For example, you can’t just moderate the forum for three weeks in a row or do 3 IG @whole30 takeovers to earn your 6 units. Only one set of 2 CEU credits of moderation or takeover would count per renewal year.
Examples of CEUs that can be earned throughout the year include:
- Create a PDF resource to share with the Whole30 coaches community – 2
- Act as a Whole30 Forum Moderator for one week – 2
- Act as a Whole30 Facebook moderator for one week – 2
- Act as a Whole30 Instagram Manager for a week – 2
- Transcribe 2 Whole Mamas Club podcasts – 2
- Attend at the annual Whole30 Coaching Summit – 2
- Speak or present at the annual Whole30 Coaching Summit – 2
- Act as a Whole30 Coach mentor for 4+ weeks – 2 to 4
- Provide coaching for a scholarship candidate for one month – 4
- Write a guest blog post* for Whole30.com – 2
- HMHB Facebook Coaching during January/September group Whole30’s* – 2 to 4
- HMHB Blog contribution* – 2 to 4
- Take over the Whole30 Instagram Story* for a day – 2
- Take over the Mama’s Instagram Live* – 2
- Take over the Whole30 Recipes Instagram account* for a week – 4
- Speak on behalf of Whole30** at an event – 2 to 4
- Participate in media on behalf of Whole30** – 2 to 4
*Must be approved and scheduled ahead of time by Whole30 team
**Must be pre-approved in writing by Whole30 team
You may also submit activities outside of this list to the Whole30 Director of Coaching for CEU credit review, so long as those activities benefit the community as a whole.
Note: it is your responsibility to keep track of your CEUs. You may earn CEUs at any time during the year.
How do I submit my CEUs?
You may submit your CEU activities for approval in the CEU tab in your Whole30 Coaching Dashboard. You may include a description of the task or activity, a link, or upload an attachment.
You will be notified by email once CEUs submissions have been approved. All 6 required CEUs must be approved by the Whole30 team before you will be allowed to renew your Coaching License. If any CEUs are still outstanding 30 days before your renewal date, you will be reminded by email to submit all CEUs for review and approval.
How do I renew my Coaching license?
It is mandatory that you renew your Whole30 Certified Coaching license each year. The fee is $150 annually, due on the anniversary of your acceptance into the program. ALL CEUs MUST BE COMPLETED AND APPROVED before you will be allowed to renew your license. You will be reminded by email to log into your Coaching dashboard and renew your license 30 days before it is due to expire.